As indicated in the previous blog post, we deployed a major update to SearchTeam last week. With this major update, we are close to announcing the general availability of SearchTeam.com. We thank all the users who have participated in the extensive beta tests of SearchTeam to date.
This blog post summarizes the major features and capabilities of SearchTeam.
SearchTeam allows users to search the Web together with their friends, classmates, colleagues and others they trust. Now people can research the Web, save and organize the results they want, while collaborating with trusted people in real-time!
SearchTeam integrates web searching, semantics, curation, real-time and asynchronous collaboration, and social networking integration into an innovation in search that we call a “SearchSpace”.
A SearchSpace is a place where a user can research the Web on a given topic, save the results they need including their comments, invite trusted people to collaboratively search with them, interact with search teammates in real-time or asynchronously using built-in chat and other social features, seamlessly finding, saving and organizing useful information into folders with ease. i.e. With a SearchSpace, users can find, save, organize information from the Web either individually or collaboratively with others they trust. SearchSpaces are automatically persisted into the user’s account on SearchTeam.
On SearchTeam, a user can:
- Create a SearchSpace for any topic they are searching for
- Search the Web, videos, images, and books
- Leverage semantic suggestions to explore topics faster where available
- Save and organize results into folders within the SearchSpace
- Remove results that aren’t relevant from the SearchSpace
- Invite others to search collaboratively with them within the SearchSpace
- Leave comments on search results for their collaborators
- Chat with collaborators in real-time inside the SearchSpace
- Add or update saved results with collaborators in real-time
- Add posts inside the SearchSpace to capture and share knowledge they may have on the topic
- Upload files into the SearchSpace to capture and share information they may already have on the topic
- Use the Dashboard to access all their SearchSpaces
- Add the SearchTeam browser button to their browser and save whatever they find from anywhere on the Web directly into their SearchSpaces
Users can sign into SearchTeam with a new account (free), and import their contacts from GMAIL, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail / Live Mail, or Outlook. Alternatively, users can login directly using their Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter social network accounts. SearchTeam also allows a user to sign in with their current Google or Yahoo IDs (supported through OpenID). Regardless of which method a user uses to sign into searchTeam, they can link to their social network accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, and ensure that their friends / connections / followers are readily available from within SearchTeam for collaboration.
To summarize, SearchTeam.com brings search, curation, and collaboration together into a single solution to find what users want from the Web faster. It is not suitable for quick transactional searches like finding the address of a company, the phone number of a local business, the map of a location etc. On the other hand, it is perfect for deeper searches where users tend to take a lot of time, and find interesting results across different queries, and any time they are doing this in a group setting.
You can try out the collaborative search and search curation capabilities of SearchTeam.com today!
As always, please continue to send us your feedback. It is invaluable to us. Thank you!